Friday, March 23, 2012

Last Day With Master Poet Mr. Newsham

Today was our last day with Mr. Newsham. Of course he brought our way another amazing poetry lesson. We started with using our imagination by imagining we were in a time machine. It was a guided science fiction time machine! Students wrote, then shared their creative work!
Our net activity was having students read some classic poems about "lists", then students were able to try it.
Here is what our awesome kids came up with:)
  • Philip R Philip R
    Dogs barking,
    Birds chirping,
    Wind blowing,
    Kids playing,
    Waves crashing,
    People laughing,
    Engines purring,
    Sun shining,
    Music playing,
    Horses clip-clopping,
    People talking,
    This is life.


    Today

  • Courtney C Courtney C
    Waiting
    I am waiting for my owl from Hogwarts
    I am waiting for the reaping
    I am waiting for my book to be published
    I am waiting for my words to be heard
    I am waiting for money not to be an issue
    I am waiting for no war
    I am waiting for no poverty
    I am waiting for issues to be resolved
    I am waiting for peace
    I am waiting for one thing,
    Hope


    Today

  • zainab r zainab r
    What I Ate For Lunch
    Today I had an excellent lunch,
    It was mm good,
    With long red vines,
    And a melted Klondike®,
    A candy cherry,
    A donut or two,
    And caramel syrup,
    A couple of cookies,
    There Girl Scouts you know,
    Thin mints and Samoa’s
    A chocolate bunny,
    With a side of Sour Patch Kids®,
    There was a box more of this kind of stuff though my stomach hurts,
    And I don’t want to write,
    Remind me to never pack my own lunch when my mom sleeps in.

    Today

  • Tabitha M Tabitha M
    I am waiting to come out
    I am waiting for my 1 year
    I am waiting for the bike I will ride
    I am waiting for the car I will love
    I am waiting for the job then the money will come soon
    I am waiting for retirement
    I am wanting for my 76 year
    I am waiting for death
    So that I will remember the moments of the past so that I will see the ones that I love
    I am waiting for the more people like me to come.

    Today

  • Angelina G Angelina G
    I Am Waiting and Hating

    I am waiting
    For World Peace
    I am hating
    On angry people
    I am waiting
    On time to slow down
    I am hating
    On World War
    I am waiting
    For the end of the world to approach us all
    I am hating
    On impatient people
    I am waiting
    On the night to come
    I am hating
    On no sun
    I am waiting
    For world happiness
    Even if it lasts a second
    I am hating
    On an angry life
    I am waiting
    On rap music to take over
    I am hating
    On country music
    I am waiting
    For someone inspirational
    I am hating
    On everything
    I am waiting
    On everything

    Today

Master Poet Mr. Newsham encouraging students to be creative!
 Students totally engaged in being creative!
 Mr. Newsham walking away after making our lives better with poetry and letting the students know that they have the power of poetry in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment