Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ancient Israelites Board Games!

Today we played our board games in the theme of Ancient Israelites as a review for our end of the Unit Assessment. The Board Game Rubric included points for:
*15 or more questions from our studies in the form higher order thinking questions
*The game had to be in the theme of Ancient Israelites from something we studied in class
*Creative and Colorful
*directions of how to play on the back








The games turned out great and today we played!
Students had fun while learning.
After we played, students reflected on the lesson by posting a message in Thinkquest.
board game reflection
Dr. Lynch-Thorpe  
Page: Quarter 2 Assignments
How did it go? Did you have fun? Who did you play with and what games did you play? What would make your game better? Do you want to do this activity again?
  • Sarah Y Sarah Y
    Playing the board games went great. I had lots of fun. I played with Julia, Chloe, and Kathryn. We played Kathryn’s game and Julia’s game. I liked Kathryn’s game because it was colorful and it was like sorry. I liked Julia’s game because you had to act like the character you were playing as. I think my game would be better if I made more characters so more people could play. I only made three characters and I was doing it with four friends so if we tried to play it there wouldn’t be enough characters for us all to play. I would love to do this activity again because it’s lots of fun to get together with your friends and play the games. Also because it is a very creative, artsy way to review everything you have learned. I love to do art.
    Today

  • chloe h chloe h
    I had of tons, and loads, play board games with my group! I had so much fun that I would of loved to have more time so we could finish and play more of our incredible games! Something that was really fun was Julia’s twist on her game; depending on what piece you had determined how you answered the question. For example, there was a singer piece and you had to answer your question in a song, there was an actor piece and you had to answer very dramatically, there was director piece and you had to answer with words like “cut” or “action”, and there was a paparazzi piece and you had to answer like you were an excited fan! My group was Kathryn, Sarah, Julia, and myself. We play Kathryn’s game and part of Julia’s game. If I remembered to finish my game last night, I wouldn’t have rushed this morning, so that would of made my game much better. I would love to do this again!!

    Today

  • daniel o
  • Philip R Philip R
    I thought the board game playing went well, but my group was a little crazy. I had fun and I played with Jacob and Joshua.ut i bet it was good Joshua forgot his, but I bet it was good. Jacob's and mine both had to do with the Israelites leaving Egypt so I thought that was cool.
    Today

The last step of this assignment is for students to take the games home and play it with a family member(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment