Thursday, May 24, 2012

Space Camp Day Four

Today we built the rocket launchers in teams of two.
First students studied the document of how to assemble the launcher.
Then students did inventory, built, then reflected.
Tomorrow we build the paper rockets, then next week we launch!
Here is an example of the directions document:

Here are pictures of students doing inventory and building:

first, reading the document
 Inventory station
 Inventory selection
 building



When students were done assembling their launchers, they wrote a post on Thinkquest reflecting on what they did.
Here a few posts:
New! | Today

After Building Reflections

Dr. Lynch-Thorpe  
Page: End of Year Work
After you have built the launcher, please complete this post:
Did you like building? How did it go? What were the challenges? Do you think its going to work? Why? End your post with "one thing I think you should know is.."
  • Jacob F Jacob F
    I think building the launcher was very fun and I did not talk or mess around with Joshua. I don’t think it was challenging at all and I have a lot of fun. One thing I think you should know is that it was one of the most fun things we’ve ever done.
    Today

  • Kathryn B Kathryn B
    I loved building! It was so much fun! I thought it went great! I loved being partners with Sarah! It was fun! The challenges were trying to figure out which parts were which ones. I hope it is going to work! But I’m not that good at building. One thing I think you should know is that I love doing this! Thank you so much Ms. Lynch!!!
    Today

  • Philip R Philip R
    We liked building the launcher, because it turned out well and went quickly. It was also really easy. One of the challenges was not pretending that it was a marshmallow shooter or a crowbar. We think it will go very well because we didn’t have any problems building it. One thing I think you should know is that it went really awesomely.
    Today
Then they went to the following website and practiced their launching angle skills for the competition next week:
http://www.mathplayground.com/ProjectTRIG/ProjectTRIGPreloader.html

Great Job Champions!

No comments:

Post a Comment